Director of Agile and Lean Practices, Dun & Bradstreet, Short Hills, NJ USA
Mariya Breyter, PMP, PMI-ACP, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, CSM, CSP, ACI Agile Coach and Facilitator, is an IT management and project management professional with over eighteen-year experience ranging from government jobs to versatile corporate experience in healthcare, media, and education with a passion in leading enterprise-level agile adoptions and culture changes. As a Director of Lean & Agile Practices at Dun & Bradstreet, Mariya is actively innovating at a 175-year old company. She is a passionate agilist and lean thinker, and an active member of New York City lean and agile community.
Mariya is also a contributor to a number of online resources on lean, agile and project management topics, including her own lean and agile site, www.agileleantransformation.com. Mariya facilitated a discussion on executive coaching in Agile at Agile Open NYC and presented at multiple Lean and Agile conferences in the U.S.
She has a combined BA /MA degree in Linguistics and Computer Science and Ph.D. in Computer Linguistics, followed by post-doctoral fellowship at Stanford University. Her passion is lean mindset and building high performance teams and organizations. At home, Mariya is using lean principles to organize her family activities, and the kids use Kanban to achieve complete alignment and full transparency.
Mariya is a frequent speaker at Agile and Project Management Conferences in US and globally. Here recent conferences include:
- November 2016: Agile Development in Orlando, FL (https://adceast.techwell.com/speakers/mariya-breyter)
- May 2016: Big Apple Scrum Day, New York, NY (http://www.bigapplescrumday.org/speakers)
- April 2016: Agile Games in Boston, MA (http://www.agilegamesnewengland.com/index.php/presenters/mariya-breyter)
- December 21, 2015: What does Being Agile Mean to You? - PMI NYC Panel
- November 3, 2015: Project Management Institute: Practical Guide to Scaling Agile (New York, NY) (http://www.slideshare.net/mbreyter/a-practical-guide-to-scaling-agile)
- June 2015: Big Apple Scrum Day 2015: Agile Coaching is Dead: Long Live Agile Practicing! (https://confengine.com/big-apple-scrum-day-2015/proposal/1049/agile-coaching-is-dead-long-live-agile-practicing)
- June 17, 2013: Agile NYC: Enterprise Cadence (http://www.incrementor.com/agilenyc/past-events/2013-2/06-17-13-mariya-breyer-and-ilio-krumins-beens)
- May 14, 2013: Agile/Lean Practitioners Meetup: Scrum Master: A Role or Title? (http://www.meetup.com/agile-lean-practitioners/pages/11693512/Scrum_Master:_a_role_or_a_profession)
- April 17, 2012: NY SPIN: Agile Hammer
- September 20, 2012: Agile Day NYC: Rolling out Agile Practices to 15 Teams in Six Months
Below is the feedback on her presentation at Agile Games in Boston in April 2016 collected and distributed by the organizers: ""Best session of the day - very relevant to how we can take ideas back and use them in every day work - The session was also very well coordinated with appropriate time for each activity."" Other feedback from her presentations collected directly by the organizers: ""Great Attitude - very upbeat - Good content + extremely useful - Great session.""
More about Mariya at http://www.agileleantransformation.com/about-us.html." https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariyabreyter