LEAN SIX SIGMA WORLD CONFERENCE SPEAKER
Owner & Co-Founder, Makoto Flow Ltd, Iwakuni, Japan
The culmination of my life’s work is to find and align my talents with organization’s that seek to improve their current financial & market state through collaboration and innovation.
DJ Duarte’s 32 years as a Global Optimization Expert & Leadership Coach has enabled him to influence the practical application, facilitation and implementation of business processes and systems as well as the development of leaders with the right mindsets & behaviors to support sustainable change. He has worked in a variety of industries from manufacturing (automotive, construction, electronics & medical devices), service (resorts, casinos & retail stores), healthcare (out-patient care & documentation), aerospace (maintenance & servicing), logistics and back office/shared service environments (finance, HR, IT, & procurement). His expertise spans 7 continents, 40 different cultures, 17 different industries and several leading global consulting firms
- Industry experience: Aerospace, Automotive, BPO, Confectionary, Construction, Flavors & Fragrances, Engineering, Healthcare, Hospitality, Logistics, Manufacturing, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Shared Services, Shipping, Telecoms, etc.
- DJ previously ran the consulting arm of Makoto Investments & Kaizen Institute here in Asia with 5 different sites. This was preceded by a stint in another management consulting firm Gemba Research as a Sr. Consultant managing and implementing global optimization projects. He started his career with the Department of Defense as the Dir. of Innovation & Improvement managing the implementation of Strategic Initiatives to reduce Costs & improve the Customer Experiences in Japan, Korea & the West Coast of the USA.
- DJ is a very influential coach and mentor to more than 25 global lean management professionals. As a professional speaker, he engages many annual global events as a thought leader on the topics of Lean Management, Leadership & Changing Mindsets & Behaviors with TPS. His extensive experience and certifications include Strategy Facilitation, Leadership, Lean Management, Lean Six Sigma, Total Quality Management and Business Process Re-engineering to name a few.
Relevant previous roles
- Since 2016: Co-Founder and Owner of Makoto Flow Ltd. a Lean Knowledge Sharing Consultancy Firm, Japan
- 2006-2016: Partner & Sr. Vice Pres. for Gemba Research Ltd. & Kaizen Institute, Japan (a global Lean Management Consultancy with affiliates in 34 countries)
- 1986-2006: Strategic Management Officer & Dir. of Innovation & Improvement for a US Defense agency in Japan and the US.
- Global Clients: ABB, Achmea, Axiom Telecom, Galaxy Entertainment, Givaudan, Jabil Circuit, Maersk, Melco Resorts, MetLife, Philips, PACCAR, Swiber Off-Shore & The Venetian
- Global Consulting Support: Kaizen UAE, Implement Consulting, McKinsey & Co., Tefen Management & Unity
- University of Arkansas, USA B.S., Business Administration
- University of Maryland, USA A.S., Asian Studies
- Dept. of Defense, USA Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP), Graduate Class of 2005
Download a copy of the Conference Brochure Please select the relevant Registrant Type from: a) Conference & Workshops; b) Exhibits & Sponsorship; c) Speakers & Co-Speakers
Submit your PowerPoint by
January 31, 2019
Speakers’ Orientation Meeting:
Tuesday, March 12, 2019,
6 PM-7 PM
Please download the Speaker Instructions here
Conference Chair's Message
This year’s conference is focused on making sure we are “continuing” our journey as practitioners. Whatever your level of experience, you will learn new concepts, new perspectives and network with the best in the industry.