The following topics will be presented with a brief explanation of each, the rationale for including it in a LSS BB curriculum and examples of how these tools will apply to all types of organizations be they manufacturing or non-manufacturing.
- Lean & Six Sigma Introduction
- DMAIC and Purpose/Goal for Each Phase
- Lean & Six Sigma Deployment Strategies
- Typical LSS Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Identification and Selection Tools and Criteria
- Design for Lean & Six Sigma (DFLSS) Frameworks and Methodologies
- Team Management
- Kaizen and Quick Wins
- Creating a Project Charter
- Voice of the Customer and Customer Satisfaction
- Financial and Other Project Impacts
- Process Mapping
- Basic Lean Equations
- Value Analysis and Waste Identification
- Basic Statistics and Variation
- Use of Statistical Software for All Graphical and Statistical Analysis
- Measurement and Data Collection - the Right Amount of Data and the Right Way
- Measurement System Analysis – Continuous and Discrete Determine If the
- Measurement System Is Capable of Providing Accurate and Consistent Data Descriptive and Inferential Statistics – Want to Make an Inference about a Population Parameter Using a Sample
- Control Charts – Continuous and Discrete
- Capability – Continuous and Discrete
- Hypothesis Tests
- Correlation and Regression
- ID, Select, and Prioritize Root Causes
- Risk Assessment
- Design of Experiments
- Lean Layout and Flow Improvement Tools
- Rapid Setup Reduction
- Pull Systems
- Solution Generation
- Solution Selection
- Piloting Solutions
- Validating Improvements
- Documenting Lessons Learned
- Sustaining the Gains
- Replication Opportunities
Faculty: Dr. Ken Feldman, MBA, LSSMBB, BSIE, MSIE., Director, Rapid Continuous Improvement, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, has a dual Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Psychology with the distinction of having Dr. W. Edwards Deming, the esteemed quality Guru on his Doctoral Committee. He also holds a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering, a Master of Business Administration, a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and a Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health.
Prior to joining Dr Pepper, Ken was a Principal with Accenture Consulting. Previously, he was a Senior Vice President in the Quality and Productivity Group at Bank of America, District Director of Performance Improvement at the North Broward Hospital District, and worked at GE Capital providing global LSS training and coaching.
Ken has taught in higher education including undergraduate, graduate, Executive MBA and MBA classes at the University of Miami, Florida Atlantic University and the University of Phoenix.He has more than 40 years of experience helping organizations improve quality and performance. Ken has worked in such diverse industries as healthcare, steel, corrugated containers, printing, higher education, chemicals, food products, paper, U.S. Military, financial services, electronics, automotive, paint, ink and others.
Who Should Attend: This webinar will be helpful for participants who are considering developing their own internal LSS BB curriculum and training. Participants who wish to be able to evaluate LSS BB training provided by consultants or other organizations will have a list of topics and content to assess the completeness of their proposed training. Existing LSS BBs will find this session useful to assess their own personal levels of knowledge so they can decide what, if any, future personal training needs might exist.