Leaning Out the Lean Six Sigma Healthcare Training Curriculum for Easier Implementation
Dr. Melinda D. Hollingshed, Assistant Industrial Engineering Professor, Mercer University, Macon, GA, USA
Keywords: Lean Six Sigma Training, Lean Six Sigma Healthcare
The popularity of Lean Six Sigma is steadily growing within healthcare. It has proven to be an effective methodology for increasing efficiencies, improving impatient flow, reducing errors with healthcare organizations and facilities. While Lean Six Sigma is being adopted within healthcare, there are other organizations who would like to utilize this process improvement approach; however, they find the training aspect challenging. Typical Green Belt level Lean Six Sigma in-person training can require from ``several statistically intensive tools which may not be necessary for most improvement initiatives in healthcare. In this presentation, attendees will
• The most important and effective Lean Six Sigma tools to include in a healthcare training curriculum.
• How to develop their own in-house Lean Six Sigma training program.
• The best tools to use to solve common flow and efficiency within a healthcare environment.
• How to identify ideal professionals for Lean Six Sigma healthcare training.
• How to create a welcoming culture for healthcare process improvement.