Operationalizing Value Stream and A3 Thinking - Going Beyond the Theory
Presenter: Andrew Wilkinson, Global Lean Platform Lead, Monsanto, Fowler, IN, USA
Keywords: VSM, Value Stream Thinking, Problem Solving, A3
Industry: Hospitality, Manufacturing, Service
Too often, lean tools are viewed as independent or just as a single time use for a current situation or opportunity. Additionally, early lean adopters lack a deep understanding of how to link their VSM, Problem Solving, and additional lean concepts to a holistic approach on how these tools work together to transform into a lean organization. This session will walk the participants through:
- Value Stream Map Creation- Defining the most critical components of a VSM and how to effectively build it.
- What does it all mean? How to read a VSM so that it makes since.
- Problem Solving- Translating the VMS into A3’s
- Organizational Change: How to build a Lean Transformation approach rooted in Value Stream Thinking and A3 thinking.
- Creating the right foundations for Continuous Improvement.